reStart Inc - Youth Emergency Shelter
YOUTH HOTLINE: 816-309-9048
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
reStart offers the only Youth Emergency Shelter in the urban core of Kansas City. Our Youth Network includes emergency shelter for 10 homeless and runaway youth ages 12-18 for up to 21 days and transitional housing for 4 youth ages 18-21 for up to 21 months. Our Street Outreach Program helps runaway and throw-away youth access services--we fielded 1,740 hotline calls and provided 2,263 youth with outreach services in 2011.
Youth Emergency services include:
Youth and family counseling and therapy
- Family reunification (63% achieve reunification)
- Life skills and financial literacy classes
- Housing assistance
- Substance abuse recovery services
- Health and nutritional education and activities
- Arts education and art therapy
- Field trips and recreational activities
- Opportunities to move into Transitional Living program
- In 2011, YES served 217 unduplicated youth from ages 12-18—111 boys and 106 girls.
- 91% of youth in the RYN program improved the stability of their lifestyle upon exiting the program.
- 85% of youth stayed in school or were enrolled in school.
- 95% of youth strengthened their relationship with peers and adults.
- 33% of youth ages 16-18 in the RYN went to college or entered the work force.